I realize that my last post did not cast my husband Josh in such a great light. A few things about that:
1. It was not my intention to make him look like a jerk, although I did make him look like a jerk.
2. Guess what? I too have been a jerk during the past 13 years of our marriage. I just haven’t written about it publicly. Now that I’ve started this blog, that’s all about to change. In the immortal words of the ultimate jerk: “Things are going to start happening to me now.”
3. It’s often with the ones we love the most that we let our fears get the better of us. We just need to learn to trust the love over the fear. That was really the point of the post.
4. Josh and I still love each other. In fact, we’re going to Hawaii next week, just us, no kids. I expect there will be some sailing.
5. Lastly, Josh read the piece before I published it and while he didn’t exactly relish the idea of me hanging our dirty laundry out for everyone to see, he was supportive of my need to do so, from my perspective, in my words. Gotta love the guy for that. And I do.